Poor Zorro

Monday, December 1, 2008

Zorro fell out the window about a week ago.



It is a terrible feeling. I woke up on the Saturday morning, quite early, not to find him in the room. I immediately started looking for him. But I could not find him. Needless to say, 3 hours later I found him hiding in one of the bushes in the garden. With exception of his mouth that was full of blood, he looked fine. He went to the bathroom and had some water. He was very concerned about the leg, and he walked a bit funny - almost with a stiff leg. But other than that he was fine.

Later the afternoon I took him to the vet. There they explained that the reason his mouth was all bloody, was because it must have broken his fall. His jaw was not broken and the spine was fine. He also did not dislocate or break anything. Which was a great relief to me. I took him home that night.


I took some pictures of him, when he got back from the vet on Saturday.
He was not really that impressed with me.




I also took some pictures of what his mouth looked like. I felt so sorry for him. But lucky for him, he could not eat his proper food, so he got very nice soft food, which he really enjoys alot!


I kept a good eye on him and he was fine really. He just could not climb the stairs nicely, and he could not really play. But he was improving and drinking his antibiotics, with trouble, but we got them down...

Then on Thursday morning, he started moaning and he could not go to the loo, and he could neither stand nor walk on the right back leg. He would sit and cry and moan, and I could not do anything. I felt so helpless! So when the vet opened I took him in. The submitted him and I could pick him up again at 17h00.

When I arrived at 17h00, he was fine. They took some x-rays, and it showed that a piece of his pelvis had broken off. That is why he could not walk and go to the loo, since it was too sore. Shame the poor baby, I felt so sorry for him. They gave me more medicine for him and I could take him home. They told me to keep him still and no jumping and playing. Now, try telling a nine month old kitten he is not aloud to jump or do anything.







They had to put him under anesthetic in order to take the xrays. So they had to shave his front leg for the drip, shame my poor baby!

But he is doing better now. He is taking his medicine, and looking a whole lot better.

He sat with me yesterday afternoon while I was scrapbooking. I bought some nice new boxes for my scrap paper. He decided to climb in, and that is where he lay while I was scrapbooking.

He was not very impressed with me when I took this picture, since he was trying to sleep!

But by the time I took this picture he was up and ready for more mischief!

I am still really worried about him, but by the sounds of things he will be ok.

Share this article :

0 comments:

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Jeaunes - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Inspired by Sportapolis Shape5.com
Proudly powered by Blogger