Home From the Holiday

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

We finally arrived home from our December holiday on Sunday.
My husband and I travelled to St Francis Bay where we have a beach house. We were there for 2 weeks, and I honestly wish I could say that it was long enough. But unfortunately, it never is. I always wonder why that is. But then again, if we don’t work, then we won’t be able to go on holidays such as these. So either way it’s a catch 22 situation.



After leaving at 5 in the morning with both Zorro and Luigi in the car we arrived safe and sound at the coast on Friday 19 December at about 19h00. The first 2 days we did not do much. We went to the beach once or twice, if the weather was nice. My husband went fishing with my dad while I either sat in front of the TV, on the patio reading my book or behind the scrapbooking layouts.


I took this picture the one day while the men were busy gearing up for the fishing. The fishing rod was standing against the wall, and






Just before we left for the coast we received news from a close friend of mine that her baby boy was born on the 17th of December. He was 53cm long and weighed 3.8kg. He is too cute for words, and looks exactly like his dad.
We had a very quite Christmas Eve, with just my parents, my sister, my husband and me. We had a nice dinner, and opened gifts at 00h00. Even though it was a relaxing evening, there was definitely not a shortage of gifts for everyone. Even Zorro celebrated Christmas. I bought him a blanket for the winter and made a bowl with goodies and toys in. I placed his prezzie in a gift bag, which he then climbed into to get to everything - very sweet really.











On Christmas Day the whole family (on my dad’s side) had lunch at my Gran’s house. That was just as much fun and a big success. We had lovely food, but ate too much, as usual. And once again there were tons of gifts.





My husband and I bought Boyds Bears’ Christmas decorations for each person. After they received their gift we decorated the tree, and in the end it turned out really nice, and everyone enjoyed it.








I went to a local scrapbooking shop near our beach house during the holiday. They have a lovely shop with tons of stock. But in the end I was not that impress with the class. I arrived and left about an hour and a half later with a finished double layout. Yes I know it is quick, but the problem is that with tehe exception of sticking the paper pieced and my pictures I did nothing. They did all the cutting everyting, they even painted my chipboard letters. Well I at least got to choose the paper. The rest was all their doing. Luckily I did not have to pay any class fee...
Between Christmas and New Year my sister's boyfriend joined us as well as my cousin. Shame, she wrote matric this year, and while she was staying with us she received her results. She was so stressed while waiting, but in the end all her results were very good, and everyone was very pleased.
On New Year's Eve my parents, my husband and me had a braai at one of my close friends that stay in St Francis. It was a very nice and relaxing evening. There was no need to wait for food, or having to stand in a queue to get something to drink. We did however have a bit of an upset when we arrived home - one of the dogs had ran away. The poor dog is terrified of fireworks, and once it started he got scared and hit the road. We got into the car and went looking for him, but unfortunately we could not find him. Luckily when we woke up the next day he had come home by himself. The only drawback was that he had hurt his feet with all the running on the tar roads. But luckily his feet are recovering very well.

On New Year's day my dad's family came over to our place where we once again had a lovely lunch and ate too much. We also celebrate his one brother's birthday which was on the 2nd of Jan. We got him a cake with candles that can not be blown out. So he was huffing and puffing, but without any luck. In the end we had a wonderful day but we were very tired.









All and all we had a wonderful holiday and I took tons of pictures, and unfortunately we had to come home.
Quote for the day: "Who has begun has half done. Have the courage to be wise. Begin!" by Horace
Share this article :

0 comments:

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Jeaunes - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Inspired by Sportapolis Shape5.com
Proudly powered by Blogger