Technological Problems

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Our server at the office was off from Monday morning until yesterday, which meant that I was unable to do ANY work. And of course it is Murphy’s Law that when you have tons of work to do, the server will be off.

We had an uneventful weekend. I had lunch with a close friend after work on Friday afternoon, went home with the idea of doing some sorting of the guest bedrooms, but fell asleep with Zorro and only woke up when my husband phoned at 6 to say he is on his way home. We were going to go out for dinner and some ten-pin bowling on Friday evening, but in the end we stayed home, got some pizza take-away and watched Eli Stone. On Saturday I got started on the sorting and cleaning out – but once again I did not get very far. I went scrapbooking in the afternoon where I finished a layout I started about 2 months ago and finished another layout. Both these layouts are of our honeymoon in Mauritius. In the evening my husband took me to dinner at our local Chinese Restaurant. Sunday we just hang around the house watching TV and I made supper for my parents, since they arrived home from their holiday late yesterday afternoon. I also attempted some crumpets – which was a big success for my first attempt.

I have not had a chance to upload the layouts I did over the weekend nor those I did over the holiday. But I reckon I might be able to upload them tonight.

I read a very nice book over the holiday called Dewey. The book is about a kitten that is found in the local library of a small town in Iowa. The story then unfolds as the kitten grows older and how it then changes the life of the people in the town. It is a very sweet but sad book in the end – since Dewey dies. But then again, nobody can live forever, not even a cat. I also started reading Photo Freedom by Stacey Julian over the holidays.

At the moment I am reading 2 books; the one The Appeal by John Grisham; and the second book it The Tales of Beatle the Baard by J.K. Rowling. Both books are very nice. I started The Appeal over the holidays once I had finished Dewey, and by now I am about half way through. But then when I walked into Exclusive Books the other day I found the new book by J.K. Rowling, and since I am a big Harry Potter fan, I just could not leave the book. It is a thin quick reading book, so maybe by the end of the week I’ll have that finished, then I will return to my Law thriller. What is also nice about The Tales of Beetle the Baard is that it consists of 5 short stories of a few pages, and each of these stories is independent of the other. So I can read a story a night, which is nice, since I do not always have the energy for reading a lot of pages once I get to bed at night.

Quote for the day: “Don’t ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.” – G.K. Chesterton
Share this article :

0 comments:

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Jeaunes - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Inspired by Sportapolis Shape5.com
Proudly powered by Blogger