first ever Let's Scrap challenges

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

For the first time ever I have completed a challenge on the "internet". I am so excited, and I really enjoyed it. Both challenges were from Let's Scrap. The first challenge was the weekly sketch challenge for the 11th of May with the following sketch.



My layout and interpretation of the sketch was as follows.





I used pictures of my sister and her horse Phoenix from the Nissan Easter Show during April. The patter paper and embellishments that I used are from Kaisercraft. In the sketch there is a lot of white space. Over the past couple of months my scrapbooking style has changed a bit to not include so much white space, so the sketch was quite a challenge for me. But in the end I decided to use the brackets which I found among my enormous stash of stuff.

The second challenge was part of the National Scrapbook Day (Month) Challenge. We were given the following sketch,

and this is what I came up with :-)

The picture was taken during our christmas holiday in 2009. I picked the paper in November already, as I wanted to scrap it during our 2010 christmas holiday, but I could not get a sketch or inspiration for the picture. So when I was looking for a picture to use for the challenge I came across this picture, and it was like Karma :-) Here is a picture of the detail on the LHS of the layout.

I used some cream paper flowers (along with the 1 prima flower) which I glimmer misted with copper and green just to blend them with the paper a bit. And in the end I found that they give the layout just the right amount of detail, nothing too fancy or too much.

I hope you enjoyed it and head on over to Let's Scrap, it really is an awesome place to be part of (http://letsscrap.ning.com/)
Posted by Picasa
Share this article :

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Jeaunes I will gladly follow your blog~fabulous work!

Kathy said...

So happy you have joined us at Let's Scrap! Your pages are beautiful, as are your horses!

Ava Gavloski said...

Very nice color tones on your double layout.... will follow as soon as i can....from lets scrap... I am in the same boat as you are, although i am still stumbling along. follow me to and we support each other.smile
http://cottagerca.blogspot.com/
ava

sa_homespun / Michelle van Wyk said...

Wow, glad I joined the blog.. I have been loving your work for a while now..., I think you are about the only lady who really scraps Horses.. I love your photos and the layouts are stunning.. well done..

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Jeaunes - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Inspired by Sportapolis Shape5.com
Proudly powered by Blogger