Let's Scrap Fancy Pants Challenge

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Apart from the weekly sketch challenges and the DT challenges on Let's Scrap, there are also monthly challenges.  This month the challenge is to use Fancy Pants products in your layout.  So I decided to use last week's sketch and bring in some FP paper. 

Last week's sketch was another amazing sketch by Cheri










The pictures I used are from the SA Scrapbook Convention that was held in April.  We had they great opportunity to have Tim Holtz and Margie Romney Ashlett come to SA for not the first time, but the second time.  And this time round, I made sure I took ENOUGH pictures :-)  As you can see from the layout, I took pictures not only of us with the scrapbooking icons, but also of the goodies that we got in both classes.  These are the small pics at the bottom of the layout. 

The background paper, as well as the paper with the clocks on are from Kaisercraft, and the paper strips at the bottom of the layout is of course Fancy Pants.  I picked the clock paper specifically due to the fact that the theme of the convention was "Time to be Creative".  When it came to embellishing, I used everything that we got at the convention, from my name tag, to tickets we got in Margie's class, and I even used the "reserved" sign that we had on our table :-)  That is what I call recycling :-)


After I made the above layout, I was so inspired and feeling very creative, I then made another layout for the Fancy Pants challenge with another awesome sketch by Cheri from Let's Scrap.  For this layout I used pictures that I had taken of one of my sister's horses, Antarctic during a show in April.  I really enjoyed this layout, as I had printed a lot of pictures at one stage, but did not have time to scrap any of them yet.  Once the layout was finished, I felt that something was missing.  I then added the hand stitching on the outside of the layout, to just round it off. 



Share this article :

0 comments:

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Jeaunes - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Inspired by Sportapolis Shape5.com
Proudly powered by Blogger