LET’S SCRAP SKETCH 10-5-11

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Oh my word, can you believe it, not only is it Wednesday again, but it is also the first Wednesday of October.  That means two things:
  1. Over at Let's Scrap it is time for a new sketch, and
  2. Can you believe it, here in South Africa, people have started putting up Christmas decorations...  I cannot believe it, is it not a bit too early??????????
Oh well, let's get back to business.................

This week there is another stunning sketch designed and posted by Cheri.  Here it is:



As you can see it is another stunning sketch and so versatile!!!!!!!!!!

Here is my take on the sketch this week:


The pictures I used in this layout was taken at the recent Cannonball Run Africa, held during the first weeken of August.  As you can see, I decided to swop the LHS and RHS of the layout.  This was due to the pictures I chose, they did not loook right the other way, so I did some chopping and changing.  That is the best part of sketches, especially these sketches, you can rotate them anyway you want, until they fit your pictures. 

I used a very old range I had from Kaisercraft for this layout.  The embellishments were also a bit of this and a bit of that.  I had no embellishments from this specific Kaisercraft range, so I scratched through my stash to find some that will work.  Here are some close-up pictures of the embellishments I used. 


The clock is a Kaisercraft rub-on that I placed on a piece of paper and then cut it out, around the edges.  The pocket is also from one of the Kaisercraft ranges I have in my stash. 



The brads are from Making Memories, and the rub-ons from BoBunny. 

The last thing that needed to be decided was of course the title...........................


For the title I used acrylic alphabets from BoBunny.  I used some dry-brushing with blue paint from Making Memories, and then once that was dry, I inked it with brown ink. 

So that is my layout for this week.  Now for some prizes if you enter this week's sketch challenge over at Let's Scrap. 

This week's sponsor is:


Here is a little about them:

Shop this week at Apron Strings and Let's Scrap members will save 30% on their order! Enter LS30 at checkout for your savings. Offer expires 10-12-11.

Join Apron Strings autoship, drop a note that you're coming from Let's Scrap and get a free TV Dinner with your first monthly kit. 

Are you a skeptical about what an Apron Strings kit can do for you? Let's help you become a believer. 

An Apron Strings kits will save you time so you can get down to the fun and create by giving you all you need, right to your door, so there's no searching, sorting and wading through what you want to use (or can't find) for your layouts.

Save your money because an autoship to Apron Strings starts at just $19.  By getting what you need in quantities you can use - so you aren't buying a 100 count pack of brads to only use 5 - you'll get the latest goodies on the market, but you won't break the bank.

An Apron Strings kit is complete, including inspiration. You'll get a full-color newsletter filled full with great designs from the Sous Chefs, including instructions for up to four layouts, plus how to use up those scraps so you're left with a clean plate! Card kits come with full instructions for six cards (sometimes more) and plenty of product left to make duplicate cards.

Now all you need to do is join and you'll be a believer, too.

Here is the wonderful prize they are giving away!


Be sure to check them out HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Share this article :

0 comments:

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Jeaunes - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Inspired by Sportapolis Shape5.com
Proudly powered by Blogger