FIRST SET OF CHRISTMAS CARDS FOR 2011

Thursday, November 24, 2011


 As you all know it is that time of the year again where the Christmas decorations get taken from the cupboards; the shops start playing Christmas carols and the of course, us as scrapbookers start with handmade crafts as Christmas gifts and of course, making Christmas cards. 

In general I do not make Christmas gifts, as I found that they can get very expensive and people just do not tend to appreciate them as much as you want them to.  They also take a lot of time, and I always run out of time, as work and life get in the way.  If I do make Christmas gifts, they will be for the very close family that I know appreciates it more than what I do. 

I do however make Christmas cards.  I have a few orders this year for family members and some work colleagues of mine.  Needless to say these few orders are totally about 70 Christmas cards, oh my word, I only realised now that is A LOT…………………..  Well at least I have started, 7 have been done J  I must say, if it was not for Let’s Scrap and the awesome card sketches designed by Debby de Wilde, I would probably not have had 7 and definitely not had to motivation to do another 63 J 

So let me show you the 7 I have made so long.  


CHRISTMAS CARD 1:   MERRY CHRISTMAS



When I started with these Christmas cards, this was one of the first one I made.  I used Let's Scrap Card Sketch 2-16-11.  The products that I used for this card is from My Mind's Eye.  

CHRISTMAS CARD 2:  MERRY CHRISTMAS


I used the same My Mind's Eye paper than for the previous card, but just a different sketch - Let's Scrap Card Sketch 2-17-10.  I have a few leftover bits and pieces from this My Mind's Eye range, which I find works very well with making these type of Christmas cards.  

CHRISTMAS CARD 3:  'TIS THE SEASON TO BE JOLLY


I recently attended a Christmas class where we made a Christmas layout using the new Fancy Pants Christmas range.  There were some leftover bits and pieces that I used for this card.  It is based on Let's Scrap Card Sketch 5-10-09.  The die-cut in the top left corner, is from Making Memories and I raised it with some foam squares.  For the title I just used a rub-on from Kaisercraft.  I decided to not place the rub-on on a piece of cardstock, as I liked the way the stripes came through the negative pieces of the title.  

CHRISTMAS CARD 4:   CHRISTMAS SPIRIT


The above card was made using the Let’s Scrap Card sketch 8-17-11.  I had off cuts from the Kaisercraft Christmas range that I used for this card.  All the paper and embellishments is from that one range.  I kept the embellishing to a minimum, with only the Christmas tree (made from chipboard) and the tree rubons.  

CHRISTMAS CARD 5:  HAPPY HOLIDAYS


I used the Let's Scrap Card Sketch 7-20-11 for this card.  The papers I used and all the embellishments are from Making Memories.  Instead of using a flag banner, I took one of the papers from a journalling book from the range and cut it into two pieces.  The outside piece is the scalloped banner I used in the top left corner and the inside piece I used at the bottom of the card.  

CHRISTMAS CARD 6:  MERRY CHRISTMAS


All the paper and embellishments I used for the card was one of the Christmas ranges of Kaisercraft from last year.  The card was based using Let’s Scrap Card Sketch 9-21-11.  

CHRISTMAS CARD 7:  SEASON GREETINGS


This card was based on Let’s Scrap Card Sketch 11-16-11.  I used the Noel Range from Making Memories.  All the paper and embellishments for this card was from that range.  

Well, since I still have a ton of cards to make, let me get back to that!!!!!!!!!!!!
Share this article :

0 comments:

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Jeaunes - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Inspired by Sportapolis Shape5.com
Proudly powered by Blogger