LET'S SCRAP DESIGN TEAM CHALLENGE 125

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Over at Let's Scrap we not only get a sketch every week, but there are also challenges posted by the Design Team every two weeks (on a Friday).  This week's DT challenge was posted by Cathy van de Bruinhorst.  Her challenge was to make a layout and use a song title as the title on your layout.  The rules for this challenge were as follows:

  1. The layout must be a "new" layout made just for this challenge.  
  2. The challenge cannot be combined with the weekly main page sketch, special month-long site sponsored sketch or the Scrap-our-Stash challenge.
  3. You much tag your layout correctly so that it gets placed into the correct album (challenge125, sketch #)
  4. You have until 29 December 2011 at 11:59 pm according to the clock on the main page.  

I used sketch 8-31-11 designed by Cheri O'Neill.


Here is my take on the sketch.


The pictures in this layout was some of the very first pictures I took of Sherlock, they were taken on the day of my birthday this year in our backyard.  We had only had him 2 days at that stage and he loved sitting on my lap.  The pictures at the bottom of the layout are of Zorro - he was still checking out this little thing, that was smaller than him with the LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG ears (that he kept falling over.......).  

All the paper and embellishments I used were from a fairly old BoBunny range named Olivia.  Here are some pictures of the detail.  







And finally the title - I used the title "You're nothing but a Hound Dog" of Elvis Presley.  When I saw the challenge intially I really thought I would battle to come up with a song title to fit my pictures (I am not very good at song titles), but when I really looked at the pics, this song title just came to me :-)  I really thought it fitted with the pictures perfectly!  For the first part of the title I used Kaisercraft mini-aplhas; the second part I wrote with the hand and made a little flag with a toothpick; and then the last part is from the Olivia range's aplhabet stickers.  

Head on over to Let's Scrap and have a go at Cathy's challenge!
Share this article :

0 comments:

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Jeaunes - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Inspired by Sportapolis Shape5.com
Proudly powered by Blogger