LET'S HAVE AN ADVENTURE

Thursday, January 19, 2012

While we were in Natal last year June, my husband and a friend decided to go to the Moses Mabhida stadium and do the "Big Rush Big Swing".  This is the world's only stadium swing and the largest swing of any kind anywhere.  Jump into the void, 106 meters above the world cup football pitch and swing out in a huge 220 meter arc under the iconic arch.

As anyone, the were terribly excited and full of adrenalin, even on the way down still.  Days afterwards they were still talking about the rush!

I used one of the sketch from the September 2011 Pagemaps.



The picture in the layout I took on the way down from the top, with the sun behind the ramp.  I used a range from Glitz Design, named Vintage Blue.  When I saw the range with all its embellishments I fell in love with it.  I used some of the embellishments, for this layout.  But unfortunately a lot of the embellishments are hearts and very lady like, so I had to be very careful!  The flowers and butterflies I used were from Prima.  And then I also included a metal frame from Tim Holtz.  

I attempted to do some heat embossing, but it was a bit of a mess.  The embossing powder only stuck to a portion of the stamp, so half of the stamped image is embossed, and the other half is not.  But in the end I actually like the way it turned out.  Here are some close ups.  




I hope you enjoyed it.
Scrappin Regards
Jeaunes



Share this article :

2 comments:

Canica said...

Stunning layout!!!

Eniko said...

Jeunes, you are quite the photographer! I've been admiring your layouts for a while now on Let's Scrap, but your photos are quite amazing as well. I'm lookin for an update on your blog...

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Jeaunes - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Inspired by Sportapolis Shape5.com
Proudly powered by Blogger