LET'S SCRAP SKETCH 1-4-12

Thursday, January 5, 2012

And here we are, not only at the beginning of 2012, but the first sketch for 2012 has arrived


This is another stunning sketch by Cheri, and I really enjoyed making the layout.  The thing I love the most is the banners!!!!!!!!!  Here is my take o this week's sketch.  


When I saw this sketch I battled a bit to get some portrait pictures, but once I found some I really enjoyed making the layout.  The pictures I used in this layout is from my trip to the Lowveld in Mpumalanga during August 2011.  I took the pictures on one of our day trips up the panorama route.  This place is called Bourke's Luck Potholes.  

The paper I used is from Kaisercraft - their Hunt and Gather range.  I really enjoyed using this range.  Initially I bought the range to scrap with some of my husband and dad's fishing pictures (but unfortunately there have not been that many pictures this year, as the fish are not really biting).  So I then decided to use some of it on this layout.  The best part is that there is not that many paper that I used - only 2 sheets for the background and another 2 sheets of which I used both sides of the layout, that is awesome (I think!!!!!!!!!!!).  

When it came to the embellishing I really battled.  I made the layout prior to Christmas, left it for a week and then finished it just in time for the post :-)  Here are some pictures of the detail.  






I used some of the Hunt and Gather chipboard embellishments with the banners that I cut from the left over paper.  All of the swirls are from BoBunny and the flowers are Prima flowers.   I wanted to do something different with the chipboard swirls and the chipboard letters of the title.  So I inked them with Tim Holtz distress ink; I then used some dimensional glaze and just after glazing the elements, I squirted some Perfect Pearl Mist (heirloom gold).  You cannot really see it on the pictures, but I really like the effect (you should try it)!!!!!!!!! 

I am also not a massive journaller.  I do however like to add some general knowledge about the area.  So here I included how the potholes were created and how it got the name.  The journalling reads as follows:

The natural water feature marks the beginning of the Blyde River Canyon.  Through countless eons the swirling whirlpools which occur as the Treur River plunges into the Blyde River caused waterborne sand and rock to grind huge, cylindrical potholes into the bedrock of the river.  

The potholes were named after a gold digger, Tom Burke, who staked a claim nearby.  Although his claim did not produce a single ounce of gold, he correctly predicted that large gold deposits would be found in the area.  Hence the name - Bourkes Luck Potholes.  

This week's sponsor on Let's Scrap is


Here is a little about them:

Hi I am Sheila Oxley, owner of That's Jazzy Stamp Dreams!
You can see the stamps at my Etsy shop and if you are the winner and find one you would rather have, please let me know!  My goal is always to please you!  
I have been making and selling my stamps since October 2007 and I've been a member here since September 2009!
If you have any questions, or just want to chat with me drop me a note!
I also want to thank you all for the inspiration I see every time I'm in the Gallery.  So I hope you'll keep up with my shop.  I'm always working on new designs to turn into stamps in fact I have several almost completed!
And for my Let's Scrap friends for the month of January you get 20% off at my Etsy shop!  Just use code LetsScrap20 at checkout!

Here is the wonderful prize she is giving away!!!!!!!


So head on over to Let's Scrap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Share this article :

2 comments:

Kay Wallace said...

Another awesome sketch, layout and blog post, Jeaunes! You never cease to amaze me by your creativity! There are so many pieces'n'parts to your creation that I truly enjoyed visiting your blog just to see the detail. You definitely are Queen of Banners!

Desire Fourie said...

Stunning Layout with so much detail to feast one's eyes on. Great colour combo and design.
Hugs
Desire

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Jeaunes - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Inspired by Sportapolis Shape5.com
Proudly powered by Blogger