PROJECT LIFE INSPIRED SCRAPBOOKING

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Lately there is this huge excitement in the scrapbooking world about Project Life.  I know Project Life has been available in the US for quite a while, but unfortunately here in South Africa, it is still relatively new.  it is only recently that we have been able to get the products here. 

I have been very lucky that Barb from Frosted Designs have decided to showcase Project Life Inspired projects to showcase some of the products we have in the store and to show you how you can use your Project Life products along with your other scrapbooking stash.

 
So first things first - What is Project Life?  And what is it all about?
 
Several years ago Becky Higgins had a hard time keeping up with the memory-keeping that she wanted to do.  So she solved the problem by developing a system that works, and now  Project Life® is available to everyone, everywhere.  Project Life provides an ultra-simple solution that helps us get those pictures into albums without draining out time, energy and wallets.  The idea is simple: photos + memorabilia + journaling  together in an album - everything slips into pockets.  No requirement to cut or glue or embellish a thing.  And yet - the results are stunning!  Project Life is back-to-basic scrapbooking at its finest. 
 
What I wanted to do is to use the Project Life concepts but incorporate other scrapbooking collections as well as techniques that I use in scrapbooking everyday.  Some of the collections that work awesome for Project Life is Simple Stories, Echo Park and even Kaisercraft!  By ding come cutting, their papers fit right into Project Life pockets. 
 
I decided to start with Project Life because of our little boy.  He has just turned 16 months old and I have TONS of pictures (I took 11 402 during 2013.....................).  I would really LOVE to be able to scrap them all, but I just do not have the time..............  So I decided on Project Life to showcase his first year day by day.
 
So here is my very first Project Life layout which is the first page of Jonathan's Project Life album.  These are the two first pictures that were taken of Jonathan at his birth.  I include his name, some journaling about how we decided on his name, along with the statistics of his birth on this page.  I also used some stickers and decorative brads.   
 
Products Used
Echo Park Bundle of Joy - Boy Journaling Card
Echo Park Bundle of Joy Alpha Stickers
Echo Park Bundle of Joy - Decorative Brads
Project Life Baby Boy Mini Kit
 
For my next page I used pictures of all the flowers and gifts we received with his birth.  Along with the papers I also used some other scrapbooking techniques.  These include washi tape flags with a pearl finish; hand stitching; I cut out one of the sayings from the Simple Stories papers and added that to a Project Life card. 
 

  

 
Products Used
Simple Stories Vintage Bliss 12x12 Collection kit
My Mind's Eye Cut&Paste Decorative Tape
Project Life Baby Boy Mini Kit

I hope you enjoyed the layout!  All of the products I used is available in the Frosted Designs store.  You can purchase it HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Share this article :

0 comments:

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Jeaunes - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Inspired by Sportapolis Shape5.com
Proudly powered by Blogger