SCRAP AFRICA SCRAP YOUR STASH CHALLENGE

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Good morning everyone, there is a new challenge at Scrap Africa and the challenge is all about Scrapping Your Stash!  Dig deep and pull out those collections that are 3 years or older; if you're newer to scrapbooking and don't have paper older than 3 years just use your oldest paper.  We'd also love to see you use some of those older products that are possibly not so "in" at the moment e.g. rub ons, eyelets, staples, etc.  Get creative, have fun, and use up some of your stash!

I have a layout that I created using a sketch from Let's Get Sketchy designed by Laura Whitaker.


Here is my take on the sketch!  I LOVED this picture of our little one, that was taken at his cousin's first birthday party, earlier this year. 

 
 
All of the paper in this layout are pieces of scrap paper that I had leftover from a Jenni Bowlin class I did.  The amazing thing is, that I did this class back in 2008............
 
Here are some close-up pictures.........

 
The circle in the top left hand corner of the layout, with the photo on, I decorated with a journal card from October Afternoon, a sticker from Teresa Collins with a quote that reads: "Today you are you, that's truer that true.  There is no one alive who is you-er than you - by Dr Seuss".  I also added a brad that I had in my stash and the black star is from my Tim Holtz plastic stickers.  I finished the circle off with some hand stitching around the edge.  

 
The circle in the bottom right hand corner, I only decorated with paper and embellishments.  The journal block with the "G" on is from the Jenni Bowlin collection, along with the "GROW", which is the top portion of a bingo card.  I also added another word that started with a "G", i.e. good times, which is also a Tim Holtz plastic sticker.  I added another brad from my stash, hand stitching around the edge of the circle and the scallop sticker from Teresa Collins. 
 
This was my very first time where I did a layout like this one, with detail in the two opposite corners, and I really enjoyed making it and LOVED the end product!
 
Thank you for the visit! 
 
Share this article :

0 comments:

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Jeaunes - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Inspired by Sportapolis Shape5.com
Proudly powered by Blogger